- 12 medium jalapeno peppers (substitute sweet snack peppers, if you don’t like the heat)
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese (we use Organic Valley or Troyer brand)
- 1 cup finely chopped cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- ¾ tsp kosher salt
- 12 bacon slices, halved
- 24 wooden toothpicks
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Lightly grease a wire baking rack and place inside baking sheet.
- Cut each pepper in half lengthwise and remove membranes along with seeds.
- Stir cream cheese, chicken, cilantro, lime juice, and salt together in a bowl. Spoon 2 tsp of cheese mixture into each pepper half and spread to fill. Once filled, wrap each pepper half with a piece of bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- Arrange peppers skin side down on the greased wire rack in foil lined baking sheet.
- Bake in oven approximately 25 minutes until bacon starts to crisp and peppers are tender (not mushy). Turn up oven temp to broil, and broil until the bacon is crisp (approximately 2 minutes).
- Cool for approximately 5 minutes prior to serving.