- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound green beans, stem ends removed
- 1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon prepared white horseradish
- 4 thick slices tomato
- Tomatoes On the Vine
- 1 pound For $1.49 thru 07/24
- 4 thick slices country bread, toasted
- Form beef into four patties; season with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium. Add patties; cook 6 to 8 minutes per side for medium. Transfer to a plate, and tent with aluminum foil; set aside.
- To skillet, add green beans, onion, and cup water; season with salt and pepper. Cover, and cook, tossing occasionally, until beans are crisp-tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Uncover, and cook, tossing, until water has evaporated, about 2 minutes.
- Make sauce: In a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise, parsley, and horseradish; season with salt and pepper.
- Place tomato slices and burgers on toast; top with horseradish sauce, and serve with green beans.