This is one of our favorite soups…a perfect warm-up for the cold winter days we’ve been having lately. We hope you’ll give it a try, it’s truly “healthy in a hurry!”
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove minced finely
- 1 shallot diced finely
- 4 cups Low Sodium Chicken Broth (try Imagine Low Sodium Chicken Broth)
- 1 (14 oz) can diced Tomatoes (try Muir Glen Organic Diced Tomatoes)
- 1 (14 oz) can of white beans, such as cannellini (try Eden Foods Cannellini Beans)
- ¾ teaspoon Rosemary
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ cup pasta shells (we use Banza pasta shells for more protein and fiber, and fewer carbs)
- 3 cups baby spinach, stems trimmed (try Sow Fresh pre-washed Baby Spinach)
- Grated Parmesan, optional as a soup topper (our favorite is Sartori Parmesan)
- Add oil to a large sauce pan over medium heat and sauté the minced garlic and shallot until softened and fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add 4 cups of chicken broth, tomatoes, beans, rosemary, black pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Heat to a boil, and then add pasta cooking it for 10 minutes.
- Add spinach and stir until wilted.
- Taste, and if necessary add salt.
- Garnish with grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.