- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 onion, medium dice
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 inch piece of fresh ginger, grated
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts cut into chunks
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups of chopped butternut squash
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 9 ounces can of tomato sauce
- 15 1/2 ounces can of diced tomatoes (with juice)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- handful of chopped cashews, for garnish
- Heat oil in large saucepan. Add curry and paprika and warm/toast spices for a couple of minutes. Add onion, garlic and ginger, and stir until softened.
- Toss chicken chunks with salt and then add to pan. Cook for about 5-7 minutes, then add the rest of your ingredients. Turn heat to low, cover and allow to simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Serve over jasmine rice and top with some roughly chopped cashews for added texture.